Friday, July 09, 2010

Hip replacement



My hip surgery was last Friday, and had a few complications, which i wont go into...but things got a bit grim. Thank god for my darling Lorraine, who has been nursing me, through all this, all the time dealing with her own illness, she really is an angel.
I was discharged back home 2 days ago (wed) and found myself back in hospital that night, after yet another setback. It is going to be a longer road back, thank i thought...but i will get there.
Apart from the trauma of the operation and subsequent pain and setback, I was appalled at the state of our public health system, and in particular the state of the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
My god the are I was in should be torn down and rebuilt ASAP.
Any government should be mandated to make health, education, and police priorities while in office, in fact we should have a constitution that these three areas get money regardless of economic shortfalls, or vote grabbing 'glamour' projects.
Who needs football stadia, or wine centres when we can't get the basics right!